Breast Cancer Trial
Tomosynthesis Mammographic Imaging Screening Trial (TMIST)
Study EA1151 (known as TMIST) is a breast cancer screening trial of nearly 165,000 healthy women. For more information, visit the TMIST Home Page.
Physician and Research Staff Educational Material
This material is intended for promotional use among health care professionals and is NOT intended for use as patient educational material.
- Physician Fact Sheet: schema, study objectives, eligibility criteria, and other key information about the study.
- Site FAQs: questions and answers for staff at participating mammography clinics about the protocol document, recruitment, imaging, screening, and funding.
- Site Letter to a Referring Physician: template letter to introduce a referring physician to the trial, provide site-specific information and procedures, and encourage him or her to discuss the trial with patients.
- Site Process Summary: schema, objectives, and details about how your site can participate. [In Revision]
Recruitment and Retention Material
Participating mammography clinics (sites) should note that the National Cancer Institute’s Central Institutional Review Board (CIRB) has approved the material listed below. For sites utilizing local IRBs, please submit this in accordance with your local IRB policies prior to use.
- Clinic Poster: basic eligibility criteria and what women can expect if they join the trial, for display in participating mammography clinics
- Letter to a Woman Scheduled for a Mammogram: template letter and contact permission form for participating site staff to send to a potential participant in advance of her next mammogram
- Participant Information Card: A pocket-size card to introduce potential participants to the trial, customizable for sites to add their contact information
- Participant Recruitment Email Template: email for participating site staff to send to a potential participant prior to her scheduled screening mammogram
- Phone Script: dialogue to guide participating site staff during a phone conversation with a woman scheduled for her next mammogram, to explain the study and next steps for participation
- Reminder Card: for study participants following their screening mammogram, providing details of their next scheduled TMIST screening appointment
- Thank You Card: for study participants following their screening mammogram, with thank you note and details of their next scheduled TMIST screening appointment
Information and Assistance from the National Cancer Institute
- Locations and other information
- Trained information specialists at the NCI are available to answer cancer-related questions from patients, family members or friends, health care providers, and researchers. Visit the NCI’s Cancer Information Service webpage for contact instructions, including telephone, live chat, email, and mail.
ClinicalTrials.gov ID: NCT03233191
Return to TMIST Home Page | Review Other Active Trials