Medidata Rave® is a cloud–based clinical data management system used to capture, manage, and report clinical research data electronically. It enables the user to record patient information (i.e., visit, lab, and adverse event data) using customized forms for each research study. Users have fast, simple access to all studies, Medidata applications, eLearning professional training courses, online discussions, and more in one place.
Key Features of Medidata Rave
- Single sign-on for all National Cancer Institute (NCI)-sponsored clinical trials
- One-time account activation followed by an automatic study invitation email each time a site registers for a study
- Real-time data entry time checks to decrease potential errors
- Trial-specific task list that itemizes data issues that need to be reviewed, data forms past due, and study notification alerts and messages
- Interactive calendar to track critical imaging time points
- Automatic assignment of required eLearning per study and per role (clinical research associates, Principal Investigators, and Study Chairs)
Rave and NCI-Sponsored Cancer Trials
Rave is the standard electronic data capture system for all network groups in the NCI National Clinical Trials Network. These groups include the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology, Children’s Oncology Group, ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group, NRG Oncology, and SWOG. The NCI Cancer Therapy and Evaluation Program purchased licensing rights in 2011 from Medidata Solutions to use and distribute Rave to the network groups to facilitate clinical research.
Electronic data capture is conducted exclusively in Rave for the precision medicine cancer trial NCI-MATCH / EAY131.
The NCI Cancer Trials Support Unit (CTSU) provides support via phone and email to research personnel using Medidata. The CTSU Help Desk is available Monday through Friday between 9:00 AM ET and 6:00 PM ET except major US holidays. Call the help desk at 888-823-5923 (select option 1) or send an email.