Sample Tracking System
In recent years, many of the most important advancements in cancer research have been made in the field of molecular biology, which is the branch of biology that deals with the molecular basis of biological activity through the study of DNA, RNA, proteins, and other macromolecules involved in genetic information and cell function. Because of the growing importance of molecular biology in cancer clinical trials developed and conducted by the ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group (ECOG-ACRIN), nearly all of its clinical trials involve the collection of biospecimens (samples) from the patients who are enrolled in those studies. To better deal with the movement of this higher volume of biospecimen materials, ECOG-ACRIN utilizes a web-based Sample Tracking System.
The Sample Tracking System provides the ability for research personnel to log a biospecimen (sample) into the tracking system once it has been collected from a patient and is ready for shipment to the designated laboratory, as specified. The system allows the user to view the status of the sample receipt and provides feedback from the laboratory in real time.
ECOG-ACRIN provides research personnel with a user guide that contains instructions for how to navigate the system. The guide explains how to log samples and send them in a new shipment, ship samples that have already been logged in, add samples to an existing shipment, view and amend a sample, look up a sample shipment that has already been sent, send a new sample to replace a missing or unusable one, generate a blank protocol submission schedule, and update and view a patient’s current consent status.
ECOG-ACRIN Sample Tracking System User Guide
- Changes to the Sample Tracking System are likely to occur over time. We advise research personnel to visit this section of the website periodically to obtain the most current version of the document.
Access to the Sample Tracking System by research personnel requires login credentials for the ECOG-ACRIN Web Application Portal. Please log in with your CTEP-IAM username and password, or log in with your ECOG-ACRIN account if you have one.
- If you forgot your CTEP IAM username and/or password please use CTEP's online password reset form
- If you forgot your ECOG-ACRIN username and/or password, or have any issues with portal access, please send an email to ECOG-ACRIN Web Application Portal Support
- Research personnel seeking login credentials are advised to visit the Members: Connect with Us section
- For all other questions, send an email to the Translational Science Team