Young Investigator Award
The Young Investigator Award of the ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group (ECOG-ACRIN) is a professional honor that recognizes scientific achievements made by investigators during the early years of their careers. The award is one of the Group’s highest distinctions.
A committee composed of previous recipients and ECOG-ACRIN leaders selects one awardee annually. The Group Co-Chairs announce the recipient of the award at the General Session of the semiannual Spring ECOG-ACRIN Group Meeting. As part of the honor, the recipient is invited to present their research at the General Session of the following Fall Group Meeting.
To be considered for this award, an investigator must meet all of the following criteria:
- Younger than 46 years of age as of the date the award will be presented
- Thursday, May 2, 2024
- Wednesday, May 14, 2025
- Wednesday, May 6, 2026
- Wednesday, May 6, 2027
- Outyears TBA
- Actively involved in ECOG-ACRIN scientific and administrative activities
- Actively involved in the broader scientific community
- Prepare a letter of support that describes the nominee’s scientific and administrative contributions to ECOG-ACRIN and the larger scientific community
- Optional -- Collect up to two additional letters of support from other investigators in the scientific community
- Submit one email that contains the letter(s) of support along with the nominee's curricula vitae
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within two business days, call 215.789.3609 for assistance
Mentoring Program Administrator
ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group
History and Funding
The former Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) established this award in 1992. Funding for the Young Investigator Award is provided by the ECOG Research and Education Foundation.