Mentor to Women Award
The Remarkable Mentor to Women in Oncology Award of the ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group (ECOG-ACRIN) is a professional honor that recognizes an ECOG-ACRIN member who has shown sustained commitment to developing the careers of women in cancer medicine and has had an impact through advancing women investigators in the Group. The award is one of ECOG-ACRIN's highest distinctions.
Award Nomination, Selection, and Recognition
Members of the ECOG-ACRIN Executive Committee, Principal Investigator Committee, and Task Force on Advancement for Women are eligible to submit nominations. The Group Co-Chairs of ECOG-ACRIN announce the award recipient at the General Session of the Spring ECOG-ACRIN Group Meeting. As part of the honor, the recipient is invited to discuss their career and reflections on mentoring at the following Fall Group Meeting.
To be considered for this award, an investigator must meet all of the following criteria:
- Has a history of involvement in ECOG-ACRIN scientific or administrative activities
- Has a history of involvement in the broader scientific community
- Has effectively mentored women investigators in cancer medicine and within the Group
Nominations must be submitted via email during the open call for submission (early February - early March). Please follow the instructions below.
- Prepare a letter of support that describes the nominee's contributions that make them eligible for the award (see above)
- Optional -- Collect up to two additional letters of support from other investigators in the scientific community
- Submit one email that contains the letter(s) of support along with the nominee's curriculum vitae
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within two business days, contact the program administrator for assistance
ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group